Monday 27 October 2008

A calendar for left handers

Last year I bought a great calendar especially for southpaws. Next year's is now out and I can't wait to put it on my Xmas list (hint, hint). Called, not surprisingly, The Left-Hander's 2009 Calendar, it's full of "left-handed legends, lore and more".

By the time you've reached December 31st, you'll be so genned up on left handed facts, you'll be able to enter MasterMind. For example, here's one I really liked: "If you type on a standard QWERTY keyboard, the number of English words typed solely with the left hand is estimated at 1,447. But only an estimated 187 words are typed using only the right hand."

'Stewardesses' is one such word, I've discovered....

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Wow. That keyboard factoid is fascinating. I'll have to look into purchasing the calendar.

Carole Seawert said...

Since I've been writing this blog, I've learned all kinds of useful (or should that be useless?) facts about left handedness.