Tuesday 18 March 2008

Blogrolls, blogstipation and blogorrhea

As I'm new to the world of blogging, I was amused to learn the term 'blogroll'. Essentially, a list of someone's favourite blogs which they add to the sidebar of their blog.

I think the term is lost on American audiences but, here in England, we think it's jolly amusing. Hooray to the person who coined that!

I decided to find other blogging terms that were new to me. A quick search on Wikipedia turned up a whole A- W of terms. Here are my favourites.

Blaudience: The audience who reads your blog
Bleg: when you make a request to your readers, for information or contributions
Bloggies: blog awards
Bloglet: a mini blog entry, consisting of just a sentence or two
Blogorrhea: excessive, overlong blog entries (thank goodness for blogrolls)
Blogstipation: the opposite state: being unable to think of any topic to blog about. A rush of interesting events can clear this writer’s block known as a blenema
Blogistan: alternative term for the Blogosphere, or blogging community
Blogsnob: anyone who refuses to respond to comments left on their blog by people unknown to them
Flog: fake blog, ghostwritten by someone, eg in the marketing department
Gulog: when a blog is so dismal and depressing, it sounds as if it were written in a Soviet labour camp
Momosphere: blogs written by mothers ("mom" and “blogosphere”)
Splog: a blog made up mainly of spam

I know this blog is meant to be about things left handed but I thought you might enjoy some of the above terms. More left handed stuff on Friday.

No comments: