Friday 14 March 2008

Taking the plunge

'No, I'm not going to blog.' I was adamant. Firstly, I wouldn't be disciplined enough to write regular postings. Secondly, no-one would be in the slightest bit interested in reading it.

Mmmm, but 50 million + people think it's a good idea. So, I decided to dip my tentative toe into the big, wide world of blogging by reading one or two. And now, I've donned my goggles and snorkel and have plunged right in. So, come on in, the water's lovely.

Just because The Left Hander will focus on matters 'southpaw' and 'sinister' doesn't mean right handers aren't welcome into my left-handed world. I hope that left handers, right handers and the ambidextrous will read it.

Here's an interesting thing: there's a fair likelihood that the next US President will be a southpaw, as both Barack Obama and John McCain are left handed. In fact, four of the last six presidents have been left handers so, if either Obama or McCain wins, this will make it five out of seven. And, when only 10%-12% of people are left handed, that's a pretty amazing statistic.

3 comments:

Julia Wherrell said...

Hi Carole

Thanks for your blog! Good luck with the site all my left-handed friends have been very enthusiastic.

Keep up the good work...

Julia

Anonymous said...

Hi Carole,
With all the negative connotations of being left handed - learning that a disproportionate percentage of southpaw's have been president is so depressing. Can you find some nuggets of good news for the next one:) I'll be sure to keep asking friends if they are left-handed now. Have fun and enjoy your blogging.
Lesley Southpaw

Anonymous said...

Hi Lesley,

I'll make sure tomorrow's post raises a small smile. :)

Carole